Saturday, March 5, 2011

Good morning Dyslexia

This morning as I walked into the break room at work, I noticed a drawing on the white board, and a sentence next to it. The sentence read: "This world is full of epic failure. You are one of them?" I stood there for a moment trying to reason what this sentence might be saying. It was at the peak of my confusion that a coworker and friend reread the sentence to me. "This world is full of epic failure. Are you one of them?" It then made much more since. I turned and greeted my Dyslexia. Some days that is all that I can do. Greet it and recognize that it is there to wreak havoc in my life for that day. There are days that are worse than others. Today was one of them.
Later, another coworker then asked how to spell humanitarian. I jokingly got on her for asking the Dyslexic how to spell. She said that since I was in college, I am clearly smarter. Not true I told her, I just made education my first priority.

1 comment:

Dyanna Stephens said...

Just to let you know the fact that you are in college and putting your education first makes you smart. Dyslexia does not make you not smart. In fact, I think you're super smart for being able to work through it and all the other issues I didn't know you had until I read this blog. Just so you know... you are awesome!
And uh, I have misread sentences many times where they didn't make sense... sometimes that's just a blonde moment. :)