Thursday, May 19, 2011

Surroundings

I had posted on a social networking sight that I had graduated from a fully accredited university and in a way was rubbing it in the face of those who never believed that I would make it. To which, a friend made a comment that got me thinking. Within the community in which I live, this crazy phenominon happens. If you are male and you do not serve a full two year mission for the LDS church, your prospects decrease dramatically. If, on the other had, you are female and serve an 18 month mission, your prospects go down. To compound that, if you graduate from college it goes down even more. I am also planing to attend Graduate School, which means that my prospects will go down even more. I would like to some day marry and have a family, but at the same time, I am not willing to stop my dreams just to keep my options open.
Keeping all of this in mind, with all of the wonderful people that I am surrounded by I have been able to see some wonderful men and find some great qualities that I want in my future husband. Most recently, I want for him to have a sence of urgency with respect to his testimony and responsibilities. I want for his family to be the center of his world. I love my family. We have our querks, as all families do but when it comes down to it, we love each other. And when my future husband and I start our family I want for us to be the center of his world. While having a sence of urgency I also want for him to have a great respect for women and all at the same time, I want for him to be able to have fun. Is all of this too much to ask for? Again, I have been blessed to be surrounded by some great men and each of these things are drawn from one of more of these men. For those of you who are great men who understand the greatness of a woman, wonderful. For those of you who do not, perhaps you should learn.

No comments: