Friday, May 27, 2011

Rejuvenated and ready to go

I have been meaning to update this for a while now, but clearly have not. I re-took the MAT this last Wednesday. I prayed, I studied and I got a priesthood blessing. I went into the test knowing that if I did not make it this time, that I was going to call it good... at least for a while. There were many questions which if left to my own knowledge I would not have known. Gratefully I was not left to my own devices. The first time that I took it, I scored in the 22%, the second time was 34% I needed to be at 40% or above. I neglected to study the night before, but surprisingly was not terribly nervous. I took the exam, finished in just around an hour. Generally you get 60 minutes, but because of the fact that I am ADD, Dyslexic and have test anxiety, I got more time for which I am grateful. I did not feel rushed or anything, just confident that I had done my best. I finished with a score of 402. The proctor said that that was a good score, so that made me feel good. It was in deed a good score, good enough to get me a 46% and beat out my boss. I currently work two jobs, and I had to go to one shortly after finishing the test, but first I had time to run home and ask my roommate "Who has two opposable thumbs and just passed her test?" We were excited together. I then emailed the school and asked what I needed to do to reapply. I was so excited. I had prepared myself either way, weather I did well or not, knowing that I could not just call in to work. When I went into my second job, the one with the boss who had also taken the exam, he asked how I had done. I just grinned and said I PASSED. I then started jumping up and down saying that I had done better than he had. Everyone was so excited, it was even mentioned in our store meeting on Friday. I am so excited to move on with this chapter of my life. The school did say that if my letters of recommendation are more than a few months old then it would be in my best interest to change them. The crazy thing is... I feel good about them all... still.

No comments: