Sunday, May 8, 2011

Graduate

I graduated from the University yesterday. It has been a wonderful weekend full of family, family and more family... also a big giant triumph. As I entered the quad yesterday morning, placing my cap on my head, with the tassel on the left side and putting on my robe for the traditional three block march across campus, it all felt so real. The keynote speaker and the valedictorian were both great, but I think that the thing that will continue to stick with me is the feeling of fulfillment. I made it. I am a first generation college graduate on my mother's side, and second generation on my father's. Someone said yesterday in one of the ceremonies that only about 2% of the worlds' population has a college degree. I am one of those few.

2 comments:

The VerNooy's said...

I am so proud I'd you Jamie congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dyanna Stephens said...

Congratulations! That is a HUGE accomplishment!