Thursday, May 19, 2011

Dyslexia?

At work we have this great thing where we do mock job interviews. Yup, we get paid to find another job and it is great. I have so many resources at my disposal that I can not even describe. I went into one of these interviews one day, and we are supposed to treat them like a real interview, dressed up, resume in hand, the whole nine yards. So I went in and one of the questions was about a weakness that I have over come, and the first thing that came to my mind was dyslexia. To that I got a slap on the wrist. Not literally, but pretty close. One of the boss' was siting there and he said something that struck me. He said that in all of the time that he has worked with me, and in everything that I have written, if he did not know that I was dyslexic he would not have known. I thought that that was so great. It truly is a weakness that has become a strength and I am so proud of it, but not something to be brought up in an interview.

No comments: