Friday, January 14, 2011

Over Achiever

I started class this week. It is all kind of exciting in two fold. In the first since, I get to take one of the classes for my potential program as an undergraduate, which, let's face it, not many people do. The other part of the equation is that I am now working in my internship which gives me 9 credits towards graduation with my undergraduate degree, the last nine credits that I need. This is a great opportunity because I get to work as closely as I can without actually having graduated with my MRC (Masters of Rehabilitation Counseling) and as such have also not passed the CRC (Certified Rehabilitation Counseling) test. This opportunity is really an eye opening experience. I am learning so much about myself and how I work best with others. When in class on the first day, the instructor asked if she knew me. I said not yet, but that I was her undergrad. She then called me an over achiever. When I said that I was not yet in the program, but trying to for summer. One of the girls in class said that if I was already in there I should have no problem getting in, after all, I am an over achiever. What they all fail to recognize is that I do worry because of my MAT score. I did retake it, and my score was much better than the first time. The first time I scored in the 20th%, the second time around I got in the 34%, still I need to be in 40% to be pretty much guaranteed. I spoke with my professor the other evening (she happens to be the head of the department) and she said that she will sit on the panel that decides my fate, but that she is only one person. Yes, that is true, but she is also one very influential person. We shall see how everything plays out.

1 comment:

Annette Lyon said...

Way to be an over-achiever!

Another shot at the MAT will up your score--I know it--and having someone with clout in your corner will totally do the rest.

I'm excited to watch you go through the graduate program! (Because it WILL happen.)