Saturday, January 22, 2011

A light

Last night when reviewing the schedule for today, I realized that there were many holes that needed to be filled because if they were not, one of my guys would get really frustrated. We had a really good day, minus a few glitches. It has been nice though, because over the last few days each of the Supervisors which I interact with regularly have told me independantly of each other how well things seam to be going. It has been nice because I get frustrated and they can see that, but correct me without saying that they are correcting me. Because I fixed the schedule today went about as smoothly as can be expected. There were a few bumps in the road, but all in all, today was nice. There are days like today when I feel that we are making great strides.
Each of them are so unique and over time I am learning each of their personalities. One likes to talk a lot and has a lot of immaginary friends. He asks a lot of questions that one might seam strange, like "What would you do if you woke up and there was a lion out your window?" He also says strange things like "Did you know the Mayor of Omaha is playing footies with the Govonor?" I am sure that to him they make a lot of since. I have to admit, they generally bug me, but today I tried really hard to not let it get to me. The other one, I am learning is very literal. I forget what I said, but it was meant as a joke and when he did not laugh, it dawned at me that he is very literal. Now that I know that, I think that it will be very helpful information.

No comments: