Saturday, July 3, 2010

Mourning

Everyone has to go through a mourning stage when they are diagnosed with a disability. You have to grieve and realize that you will not be the same.
When I was diagnosed with ADD the first time, I did not go through the grieving process. I never did accept it. If I did not accept it, then it was not true. WRONG! I have thought many times over and realized that at the time that I was diagnosed was when I was first being forced to deal with my Dyslexia and deal with teachers. Fight for my education and stand on my own two feet. This time around I have gone through the grieving process, and it went faster than expected.
With my OCD and anxiety I went through that process rather quickly as well. I embrace my qwerkyness and I know that in the whole scheme of things, having a little bit of a few things gives my charachter, makes me stronger as a person, forces me to let others help me, and it could always be worse. It did take me a little while to embrace it... like, a few days. I went online and found some research suggesting that exercise would help with my anxiety. That did it for me. I knew that I needed to start an exercise regimin.
Most will not go through the grieving process nearly as quickly as I have. For some reason I am able to worry for a few days and then roll with it.

No comments: