Friday, June 24, 2011

Great desires of the heart

I believe that everyone has great desires in their heart. I was talking with a coworker today about life and choices and how things go in life sometimes. I mentioned that I turn 27 this year. In the whole scheme of things, 27 is not that old. Truly, it is not. That said, I watch as people that I have known for years, or for a semester or two get married, which is one of the great desires of my heart. I feel like I have done everything that I have wanted to, and everything that has been asked of me. I have graduated from school, I have gone on a mission, I have gained a great relationship with my family, and yet I have not gotten the one thing that can make me eternally happy, that of a companion. At 18 there was no way that I could have married. By 23 it was looking in that direction, that I could marry and be happy. 23 has come and gone and now, four months out from my 27th birthday I feel truly ready. When will my day come?

No comments: